Skip to content
Product Design and Research Lead, Apto, 2020–present
- Designed and tested end-to-end user flows for a CRM product aimed at commercial real estate brokers.
- Instantiated regular usability testing as part of agile sprint process.
- Established metrics for user success within product, partnered with engineering to track interactions; configured and launched tools to share behavioral data with partner team
Senior Research and Designer: Bluesuit, 2020–2021
- For an early stage startup, pioneering novel ways of utilizing machine learning in the commercial real estate space, I created and executed research plans with an emphasis on understanding the thresholds for trust and confidence with users of this technology.
- Reduced the time for a user to process a single document from 30 minutes to under 10 (65% reduction).
UX Strategist and Researcher: Various Contract, 2018–2020
- For a large cable company, created and executed research plans to understand how call-center agents use data collection tools while on calls. Types of research included contextual on-site research, interviews, heuristic tool analysis and focus groups. Synthesized and presented findings.
- For a large mining company, led implementation of remote user behavior testing using Google Tag Manager. Designed and tested interactive charts for viewing blast data.
- For a medium-sized, international non-profit, designed GDPR-compliant consent and member data management screens; modified research program to be GDPR compliant as well.
- For a small early stage AI startup consulted about usability and research strategy for user interaction with AI and predictability technologies.
- For a telecom startup, implemented lean UX research program and managed co-creation group of 300+ product users
User Experience Lead: Teach for America, 2013–2018
- Built partnerships to institute departmental design culture
- Led implementation of goal-directed-design and Lean UX practice
- Led research and product design for internal compliance system which tripled user satisfaction and increased data quality by nearly 100%.
- Designed mobile application which increased year-over-year completion rate by over 25%; with nearly 100% increase on mobile
- Developed and executed research plans grounded in ethnographic research methods such as contextual study
- Worked with stakeholders to identify business goals and craft research hypotheses
- Hired and mentored junior UX designers and researchers
Researcher and Designer: The GIN is IN, 2009–present
- Conducted research on how people talk about gin
- Annually publish a report based on data I collect and aggregate, about what flavors people are looking for and how distillers can design products for those drinkers.
- Designed visualization tool based on findings; led social media promotion effort around tool which resulted in increased page views and increased affiliate product sales.
- A/B Tested new homepage designs with Google Analytics , Grew traffic by about 20% year-over-year to 750K uniques annually
UX/UI Designer: American Social History Project, 2008-2013
- Conducted research with teachers on how lesson plans are prepared; led design of tool called HERB based on findings. Launched HERB in 2011.
- Collaborated with a team of subject matter experts (historians and pedagogy specialists) in design of several projects, websites and grant proposals
- Co-wrote Badges for Lifelong Learning Proposal; oversaw interaction design and worked with agency hired to execute proposal. Badges for Teacher Professional Development launched in 2013.
- Posited new strategies, oversaw social media campaigns. Led sessions on emerging web technologies and web writing. Advocate for new technologies.
Lab Advisor: New Media Lab, 2008-2013
- Worked with PhD students conducting digital scholarship to identify appropriate tools, methodologies and approaches.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), 2016
Masters in City and Regional Planning, Pratt Institute
- GPA 3.9
- Coursework includes: psychology of design, anthropological research methods, statistics, visual design
- Presented work to community boards and community stakeholders
B.A. in Environmental Design , University at Buffalo,
- GPA 3.75
- Coursework in visual design, public presentation, statistics and research design
- Minor in English Literature and Writing.
- Won award for outstanding undergraduate research: LeClaire-Kindel wildlife sanctuary as a potential model for redeveloping land adjacent to highways