Aaron’s Resume (.pdf format)
I am a user-centered researcher with experience in both quantitative and qualitative methodologies. I bring empathy, creativity, attention to detail, and a passion for inspiring product teams with insights and testing.
UX Researcher and Designer: Various Contract, 2018–present
- For a large mining company, led implementation of remote user behavior testing using Google Tag Manager. Designed and tested interactive charts for viewing blast data.
- For a medium-sized, international non-profit, designed GDPR-compliant consent and member data management screens; modified research program to be GDPR compliant as well.
- For a telecom startup, implemented lean UX research program and managed co-creation group of 300+ product users
User Experience Lead: Teach for America, 2013–2018
- Built partnerships to institute departmental design culture
- Led implementation of goal-directed-design and Lean UX practice
- Led research and product design for internal compliance system which tripled user satisfaction and increased data quality by nearly 100%.
- Designed mobile application which increased year-over-year completion rate by over 25%; with nearly 100% increase on mobile
- Developed and executed research plans grounded in ethnographic research methods such as contextual study
- Worked with stakeholders to identify business goals and craft research hypotheses
- Hired and mentored junior UX designers and researchers
Researcher: The GIN is IN, 2009–present
- Conducted research on how people talk about gin
- Designed visualization tool based on findings; led social media promotion effort around tool which resulted in increased page views and increased affiliate product sales.
- A/B Tested new homepage designs with Google Analytics , Grew traffic by about 20% year-over-year to 750K uniques annually
UX/UI Designer: American Social History Project, 2008-2013
- Conducted research with teachers on how lesson plans are prepared; led design of tool called HERB based on findings. Launched HERB in 2011.
- Collaborated with a team of subject matter experts (historians and pedagogy specialists) in design of several projects, websites and grant proposals
- Co-wrote Badges for Lifelong Learning Proposal; oversaw interaction design and worked with agency hired to execute proposal. Badges for Teacher Professional Development launched in 2013.
- Posited new strategies, oversaw social media campaigns. Led sessions on emerging web technologies and web writing. Advocate for new technologies.
Lab Project Advisor: New Media Lab, 2008-2013
Full Stack Application Developer: Buffalo State College, 2006-2008
- Led surveys and guerilla usability testing to get students involved in campus site redesign
- Led weekly classes for campus faculty in web design and Urchin Analytics
Community Outreach Coordinator: Harvest Astoria, 2010-2011
- Developed and Coordinated Harvest Astoria low-income program
- Researched efficacy and execution of low income programs and Community Supported Agriculture as a model for food justice in diverse communities.
Assistant Manager/Web Team Leader: University at Buffalo, 2002-2006
- Worked with stakeholders to identify needs through observation and interviews
- Designed and launched over twenty websites and internal business applications
- Assistant manager for team of five web developers and interns
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), 2016
Masters in City and Regional Planning, Pratt Institute, 2008-2011
- GPA 3.9
- Coursework includes: psychology of design, anthropological research methods, statistics, visual design
- Presented work to community boards and community stakeholders
B.A. in Environmental Design , University at Buffalo, 2002-2006
- GPA 3.75
- Coursework in visual design, public presentation, statistics and research design
- Minor in English Literature and Writing.
- Won award for outstanding undergraduate research: LeClaire-Kindel wildlife sanctuary as a potential model for redeveloping land adjacent to highways