Download Resume (.pdf format)
I’m a user-centered designer who creates stellar experiences and successful web products. I bring empathy, creativity, attention to detail, and a passion for finding the alignment of business goals and user needs. And I’m looking forward to the next design challenge.
User Experience Lead: Teach for America, 2013–present
- Hired and mentored junior designers and researchers
- Created research plan to pilot cognitive computing with field recruiters; developed long term vision and secured funding to support further pilots
- Led product design for internal compliance system which tripled user satisfaction and increased data quality by nearly 100%
- Led research and product design for internal compliance system which tripled user satisfaction and increased data quality by nearly 100%.
- Developed and executed research plans grounded in ethnographic research methods such as contextual study
- Led implementation of goal-directed-design and Lean UX practice
- Created prototypes and performed user testing using tools like Invision, Adobe XD and others
- Built partnerships with business, marketing and engineer partner teams
- Worked with stakeholders to identify business goals and craft research hypotheses
- Translated research into wireframes, personas, flows and experience maps, where appropriate. Presented findings to stakeholders, developers and senior leaders
- Designed mobile application which increased completion rate by over 25% compared to previous year with nearly 100% increase in mobile completion rate
- Built support for UX by leading educational outreach, hackdays and classes for partner teams
My team uses: Sketch (w/ Zeplin), InVision, Adobe XD, Adobe Creative Suite, Atlassian Product Suite, Balsamiq, HTML & CSS, Microsoft Office, Omnigraffle, Salesforce, Whiteboards– lots of whiteboards.
Researcher: The GIN is IN, 2009–present
- Conducted research on how people talk about gin
- Designed visualization tool based on findings
- Grew traffic by about 20% year-over-year to 600K uniques annually
- A/B Tested new homepage designs with Google Analytics
- Tested new features to inspire ongoing reader engagement, including both return visitors and pageviews per session
UX/UI Designer: American Social History Project, 2008-2013
- Conducted research with teachers on how lesson plans are prepared; led design of tool called HERB based on findings. Launched HERB in 2011.
- Collaborated with a team of subject matter experts (historians and pedagogy specialists) in design of several projects, websites and grant proposals
- Co-wrote Badges for Lifelong Learning Proposal; oversaw interaction design and worked with agency hired to execute proposal. Badges for Teacher Professional Development launched in 2013.
- Posited new strategies, oversaw social media campaigns. Led sessions on emerging web technologies and web writing. Advocate for new technologies.
Lab Project Advisor: New Media Lab, 2008-2013
Application Developer: Buffalo State College, 2006-2008
- Led surveys and guerilla usability testing to get students involved in campus site redesign
- Led weekly classes for campus faculty in web design and Urchin Analytics
Community Outreach Coordinator: Harvest Astoria, 2010-2011
- Developed and Coordinated Harvest Astoria low-income program
- Researched efficacy and execution of low income programs and Community Supported Agriculture as a model for food justice in diverse communities.
Assistant Manager/Web Team Leader: University at Buffalo, 2002-2006
- Worked with stakeholders to identify needs through observation and interviews
- Designed and launched over twenty websites and internal business applications
- Assistant manager for team of five web developers and interns
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), 2016
Masters in City and Regional Planning, Pratt Institute, 2008-2011
- GPA 3.9
- Coursework includes: psychology of design, anthropological research methods, statistics, visual design
- Presented work to community boards and community stakeholders
B.A. in Environmental Design , University at Buffalo, 2002-2006
- GPA 3.75
- Coursework in visual design, public presentation, statistics and research design
- Minor in English Literature and Writing.
- Won award for outstanding undergraduate research: LeClaire-Kindel wildlife sanctuary as a potential model for redeveloping land adjacent to highways